Dragon Crafts and
Activities for Children
Textured Dragon Craft
This craft was designed to go along with the book "The Crocodile Who Didn't like Water". Every child will be able to relate to this "Ugly Duckling" story. Little "crocodile" didn't fit in with all his brothers and sisters. He tried his best to like what they like and to do what they did, but he wasn't happy. He felt alone until one day he began to grow and grow and he realized he wasn't a crocodile at all. He was a dragon that was born to fly.
Card stock (Heavy Paper)
Water Color Paint
Egg Shell from a Cooked Egg
How to Make the Textured Dragon Craft:
1. Hard boil some eggs, cool them off with cold water, and careful peel them keeping the egg shell together as much as possible. Place the egg shells on a paper towel to dry.
2. Print out the Dragon Patterns (Available to Members), or draw a dragon.
3. Draw teeth on the dragon's mouth with a marker and then use water color paint, colored pencils, or markers to color the dragon picture.
4. Spread white glue on the dragon where you want scales.
5. Press pieces of egg shell down onto the glue so that the egg shell cracks into pieces.
6. When the glue is dry use paper color paint to paint the egg shells.
Dragon Paper Clip Bookmark Craft
What you will need:
Jumbo Four-Inch Paper Clip
Extra Fluffy Pipe Cleaners
Low Temperature Glue Gun
How to Make a Dragon Paper Clip Bookmark:
1. Curl the pipe cleaner into an oval shape.
|2. Curl the pipe cleaner over the finished oval to make it thicker. This will be the head.
||3. Curl the rest of the pipe cleaner over the end of the paper clip. Leave enough space between the head and the paper clip for a neck and a body.
4. Wind the rest of the pipe cleaner around the paper clip. This is the start of the body.
|5. Use another pipe cleaner to make the rest of the body. Wind some of it in front of the neck so the dragon has a chest.
||6. Use a separate pipe cleaner to make the tail by folding one end and wrapping it around the other part. Make it thicker near the base of the fold.
7. Glue the tail to the body of the dragon.
8. Glue smaller pipe cleaners to the body for the legs, and use craft foam to make the hands, wings, horns, and tail tip.
Dragon Cup Craft for Kids
What you need:
Two 12-ounce cups
One 16-Ounce Cup
Regular-Sized Paper Plates
Low-temp Hot Melt Glue
How to Make a Cup Dragon:
1. To make the upper body, cut a paper plate in half and make a cone shape, then glue it on to the 16 ounce cup which is the lower body.
2. Cut the top off the cone at a slant so the dragons head is facing down, then glue a 12-ounce cup on top for the head.
3. Cut another 12-ounce cup in half lengthwise, then cut a curve in the side of each half to the shape of the 16-ounce cup to make the legs. Cut the ends off most of the handles of the two forks then punch them in near the bottom of the cut edges of the two halves of the cups for the feet, then glue the two halves to the each side of the 16-ounce cup to form the legs.
4. Cut a crescent moon shape to make the tail and cut off one point, then moisten the shape and bend down the sides to make it pop out and let it dry.
5. Print out Patterns, color them, cut them, and glue them to the dragon.
Free Dragon Coloring Sheet
Dragons are usually thought of as fire-breathing, evil monsters stealing the princess from the tower, but who says all
dragons are evil? They are magical creatures of the imagination, and can be the hero as well as the villain. They can be anything you imagine!
The Dragon Color Sheet includes fun facts about dragons. Print it out, color it and try to draw your own dragon.
Chinese Dragon Pipe Cleaner Craft for Kids
This little dragon was made using extra fluffy 15 mm Chenille stems from Hobby Lobby, thin yellow Chenille stems, white craft foam, and yellow feathers.
The fluffy part of the Chenille stem was cut away on the feet to make them skinny.
Good Books About Dragons for Children
Dragon Things Kids Will Love!
Dragon Crafts on Other Pages