1. What was the name of the king in our story?
2. What did King Nebuchadnezzar build that he was so proud of?
A statue or god
3. How big was King Nebuchadnezzar's god?
Over 90 feet
4. How big is your God?
He is immeasurable.
5. Why did King Nebuchadnezzar build the statue?
He wanted to show everyone how great he was.
6. Where is this story found in the Bible? Daniel chapter 3 (This was not discussed in the story, but is very important.) Even if a child doesn't get it right you can let them take a step. Tell your class that you may ask this question again so they need to remember that the story was found in the Bible in the book of Daniel.
7. Say the Bible verse.
8. What can we learn from this story? God is the only God.
9. Why were Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego thrown into the fiery furnace?
They didn't bow down to the statue.
10. What did King Nebuchadnezzar see when he looked into the fiery furnace?
Three men and a heavenly being.
11. What did King Nebuchadnezzar say when Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out of the fiery furnace?
“Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. 29 Therefore I decree that the people of any nation or language who say anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego be cut into pieces and their houses be turned into piles of rubble, for no other god can save in this way.”
12. (Older children only) What else can we learn from this story?
Stand up for what you believe in no matter what the cost.
13. (Older children) Give an example of something you might have to stand up for that might be hard to do?
They might have to stick up for someone who is getting picked on. If they do, they might get picked on too.