Armor of God Crafts - Sword of the Spirit
Children's Sermon or Bible Lesson for the Armor of God Sword of the Spirit with Bible Crafts and Games
The following crafts and activities come from the Sword of the Spirit Bible lesson on The Resource Room. This lesson is available to members on The Resource Room or as an instant digital download
Books-of-the-Bible Sword Bookmark Craft
Children color the bookmark pattern, cut them out and glue them back-to-back to make the books of the Bible bookmark. The Old Testament books are listed on one side and the New Testament books on the other. Each week have your students look up their memory verse or Bible lesson reference and place the bookmark on that page.
The pattern for this craft is available on The Resource Room.
Copyright 2010, Digital by Design, Inc - See Copyright Information.
Sword of the Spirit - Hebrews 4:12 Bible Verse Coloring Sheet
Available in both KJV and NIV. As your children work ask them how a sword might represent God's words. How are God's words sharper than a double-edged sword.
Foil Tape and Craft Stick Sword of the Spirit Craft
How to Make the Foil Tape Sword:
1. Cut two sword shapes from craft foam about 8 inches long and no wider than the tape at its widest end.
2. To make the sword handle glue two mini jumbo craft sticks perpendicular to the jumbo craft stick about 3 inches from one end of the stick so that the mini craft sticks. The mini craft sticks should be on each side of the jumbo craft stick.
3. Glue the short end of the handle onto one side of the craft foam sword and then glue the other craft foam sword on top to cover the top of the handle.
4. Cut pieces of foil tape the length of the sword and stick them over the craft foam sword on both sides.
5. In class have your children write the Bible verse on the sword with a ball point pen, and then color the handle of the sword with markers.
Copyright 2013, Digital by Design, Inc - See Copyright Information.
Bible Verse Sword Bookmarks
What you will need:
What to do:
1. Print out the sword patterns onto colorful card stock and cut them apart.
2. In class have the children cut them out and write what the Bible verse means to them on the back of the swords.
Label the Soldier Armor of God Activity Sheet
Children color the soldier picture and then glue labels to the picture.