Miriam Praises God Bible Crafts and Activities
Bible Crafts About Praises God
The following crafts and activities come from the Bible lesson "Miriam Praises God' available to members onThe Resource Room. In this lesson children learn that Moses, Miriam and the Israelites praised God for saving them, and they should praise God for what he has done for them.
Miriam and Women Dancing Coloring Sheet
What you will need:
Colored Pencils and Paper
What to do:
1. Before class print out coloring sheet and make copies. (The pattern for this coloring sheet is available to members on The Resource Room.)
2. In class hand out the coloring sheets and have your children color them with colored pencils. As the work ask them questions about the picture.
- What are the women doing in the picture?
- Why do you think the women are dancing?
- Who do you think is in the picture?
Miriam’s Tambourine Paper Plate Craft
These tambourines take quite a while to finish. If you don’t have a lot of time, assemble them before class and just have the children color them. I recommend using highlighter markers. These markers are very bright and last a long time. The children love using them.
What you will need:
Heavy-duty Paper Plates
One-inch Jingle Bells
Ribbon or Yarn
Highlighter Markers or Crayons
Dried Corn, Rice, or Dried Beans
How to make:
1.Before class print out the “Praise the Lord” and “What God Has Done” patterns and cut them out. Cut 12″ lengths of ribbon and use the edge of your scissors to make them curly. (Patterns available to members on The Resource Room.)
2. Have the children color the “Praise the Lord” pattern and glue it to the back of one of the paper plates. Then have them write things God has done for them on the “What God Has Done” circle and glue it to the back of the other paper plate.
3. Place a hand full of corn, rice, or dried beans on the paper plate and place another paper plate over the plate, front to front. Staple the plates together. Have the children color the edges of the paper plates.
4. When they are finished coloring, punch holes all the way around the edge of the shakers and show the children how to tie jingle bells with ribbon in the holes.
Moses and the Israelites Cross the Red Sea Bible Craft and Learning Activity
Children act out the story using stick puppets. This is a great way for children to review the story to help them remember what they learned. Teachers can also use it as a prop to tell the story during your lesson. The patterns for this craft are available to members on The Resource Room. Patterns are available in both color and black and white.)
Miriam Dancing with a Tambourine Moving Legs Craft
Children color the picture of Miriam and attach the leg patterns with brass fasteners so the her legs move back and forth to make her look like she is dancing.
(Patterns for this craft are available to members on The Resource Room.)