Jacob Bible Crafts and Activities
Crafts and Activities Related to Jacob and Esau
The following crafts and activties come from the Bible Lesson "Jacob's Ladder" on The Resource Room. In this lesson children learn all families have problems because all people have faults, but God uses us to accomplish his goals anyway. He has provided a way for us to be forgiven and grow in his love through Jesus Christ. Jacob’s family is a good example of how God used flawed people to fulfill his promises.
This lesson is available to members on The Resource Room and as an instant digital download in both KJV and NIV.
Jacob’s Ladder Activity Sheet
What you will need:
Regular Craft Sticks
Mini Craft Sticks
Color Pencils or Crayons
What to do:
1. Before class print out the activity sheet and the angel and clouds patterns. Printable patterns available to members on The Resource Room.
2. In class have your children color the activity sheet and then glue craft sticks onto the sheet, and then glue the clouds onto the top of the sheet.
3. They can glue the angels onto the sheet or just place them on the ladder and use them to act out the story.
©2019, Digital by Design, Inc. - *See Copyright Information
Jacob's Dream 3D Bible Craft
Jacob dreams of a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reacing to heaven, and the angels of God ascending and descending on it. Children color the picture of Jacob sleeping, angels, stairway and background. They fanfold the stairway and glue it to the ground and sky and then place the angels and Jacob sleeping in the Bible scene.
©2021, Digital by Design, Inc. - *See Copyright Information
Jacob and Esau Activity Sheets
Jacob and Esau Coloring Sheet - Have children color the sheet and then glue red yarn to Esau's arms, chest and legs.
Jacob and Esau Writing Sheet - Children write about the part of the story shown in the picture.
Jacob or Esau Activity Sheet - Children write a "J' or "E" for Jacob or Esau next to each description of the twins.
Play a Question and Answer Game
What you will need:
Crayon or Colored Pencils
How to make:
1. Before class print out the game board patterns (Or draw a picture of a ladder or staircase on the board) and the angel pieces. Cut the sides off the game boards and tape them together. You can make the game longer by adding the middle game board. Cut the angel pieces apart.
How to play:
Split the class up into two teams. Designate which team will try to get the angel to the top of the ladder and which team will try to get it to the bottom of the ladder. Play the game like tug of war.
Place the angel in the middle of the ladder. If a team answers a question correctly they move the angel one step towards their goal. If they answer wrong the angel stays in place. The first team to get the angel either to the top or bottom first wins. You can use the following questions and add some from the previous weeks lessons.
Genesis 23:15b Bible Verse Review Activity Sheet
1. Before class print out the activity sheet and make copies.
2. In class have your children match up the numbers at the bottom of the sheet to the numbers in the picture. Have them write the corresponding word on the bottom of the sheet to reveal the Bible verse.
Learn How to Make Jacob’s Ladder with String (Older Children)
Print out instructions for how to make Jacob’s Ladder. Learn how to make the ladder before you go to class. If you can’t figure it out, you can probably find a youngster who knows how to do it and can teach it to you. Show the children in class how to make the ladder. They probably won’t catch on right away, but you can send them home with a copy of the directions and tell them to have their parents teach them. Tell them when they learn how to do it, they can teach their friends and tell them the story about Jacob’s Ladder that they will be learning today.
Have a Staircase Building Contest
Bring in blocks, dominoes, or other kinds of building blocks and split the children up into teams. Have a contest to see which team can build the tallest structure in a limited amount to time.
Jacob and Esau Crafts on Other Pages
Use these Jacob and Esau stick puppets to act out the story, or cut out the eyes and use them a masks. See the Jacob and Esau Masks and Stick Puppets Craft Page.