Jesus Never Changes and Fall Theme
Bible Crafts and Games for Children's Ministry
Hebrews 13:8 - Fall Windsock with Poem Craft for Children
Children color the windsock pattern, tape crepe paper streamers and paper leaves on the bottom and then tape it into a cone shape. This pattern is available to members on The Resource Room and as an instant digital download.
"Jesus Never Changes" Bible Lesson
The following crafts and activities come from the Bible Lesson "Jesus Never Changes" available on The Resource Room and as an instant download.
In this lesson children learn that sometimes changes are exciting and sometimes they're scary, but they can be comforted in knowing that no matter what happens Jesus never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
"Jesus Never Changes" Fall Leaf Bible Verse Poster Group Activity for Sunday School
What you will need:
Dried Leaves - Collect fall leaves and place them in books between to sheets of waxed paper. Pile up books on top of the leaves and let dry for several weeks.
Colored Pencils and Markers
Fall Colors Colored Paper
How to Make the Poster:
1. Before class print out the word patterns onto different colors of construction paper and cut them out. If you aren't a member, you can have your children write the word on a half sheet of construction.
2. In class give each child one of the word sheets. Let them pick some leaves to glue to their papers and then decorate the word and the rest of the paper with markers and colored paper.
3. When all the children are done collect the papers and glue them to a poster board.
©2014, Digital by Design - See Copyright Information
Make a Leaf Rubbing Collage
What you will need:
Paper and Crayons with the Paper Covering Removed
Water Color Paint and Paint Brushes
How to Make the Leaf Rubbing:
1. Before class print out the Bible Verse Activity Sheet and make copies. Collect leaves of different sizes and shapes.
2. In class have your children place the leaves under the paper and use the side of crayon to rub over the leaves. When they are finished have them paint over the rubbings with watercolor paints.
©2014, Digital by Design - See Copyright Information
Make a Basket Full of Leaves Bible Verse Review Game
How to Make Bible Verse Review Game:
1. Before class make the baskets from tan or brown card stock. To make the baskets fold a piece of paper 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" in half, corner to corner to make a triangle.
2. Place the folded piece of paper on a table so that the folded, long edge is at the bottom.
5. Fold down the top layer of the top corner along the top edges of the folded corners. Turn the bucket over and turn the top corner over the same way.
6. To make the edge of the basket as shown in the picture, unfold the top corners you just folded down, and fold them in half and then in half again, and then fold them down on the first fold you made.
7. Print out leaf shapes and use them to cut leaf shapes from fall-colored paper.
8. Have your children write one word of the Bible verse on each leaf and then place them in their paper baskets. Tell them to take them home and practice reading and placing the words in order to spell out the verse. You can also play other Bible verse review game in class.
Decorate a Tree Picture
1. Fingerprints or Dotters
Have your children use finger paints, ink pads or dotters to make leaves on the trees and on the ground.
2. Use Real Leaves
Collect fall leaves and sort them by color. Let them dry out and then crumple them up into small pieces. Keep the colors separate. In class the children can put glue all over their tree and spots of glue below the tree. Sprinkle the dried leaf pieces over the glue like glitter to make a pretty tree.
3. Craft Foam Leaves
You can buy small fun foam leaf shapes at a craft store and have the children glue them to the tree. Or you can use real dried leaves.
©2002, Digital by Design - See Copyright Information
"We're Falling for Jesus" Bulletin Board Display
Staple leaves and acorns shapes cut from construction paper to a bulletin board with a blue background. Leaf shapes, acorn shapes, and words are available on The Resource Room.
Pick up Leaves Bible Verse Review Game
Buy precut, leaf shapes or cut them out yourself. Write the Bible verse, one word per leaf, making a set for each child in your class. Have the children sit in a circle. Throw the leaves up in the air and let them fall all over the place. You can also have the children hold hands and move around in a circle as you sing the first part of the "Leaves" song below. Each time they sing a round, throw up some more leaves. Keep singing it until all the leaves are on the floor. Have the children pick up the leaves and put the Bible verse together. If you have very young children who cannot read use only three words such as "Jesus never changes". Or you can put each word on a different color of leaf and have them find one of each color and then help them put them in order.
(Ricky, a subscriber sent in this variation of the game that would work well for younger children. Cut out about 100 leaves or use precut leaves. Place a sticker (or write the Bible verse) on one of the leaves. Throw all the leaves in the air and let the children pick them up. The child who finds the leaf with the Bible verse on it gets to say the verse and receives a prize or snack. You could keep playing until all the children receive a snack. You can even write the Bible verse on more than one leaf if you have a lot of children.)
Rake Leaves Bible Verse Review Game
This game goes with the Bible Lesson "Jesus Never Changes" on The Resource Room, above.
Preparation: Make newspaper rakes, and cut leaves shapes from colored paper in fall colors.
1. Spread out a bunch paper leaves on the floor. (You can use the ones from the review game above).
2. Place a container at opposite ends of the room. Divide up your children into two teams. Make rakes by rolling up sheets of newspaper and then cutting slits in the ends so that the ends separate. It will look more like
a broom. Go to the Fall Crafts Page for directions on how to make the rakes.
3. Give each child a rake. On the word go the children should try to rake the leaves into the baskets using their rakes. The team with the most leaves in their basket wins. If you have preschool children just let the children practice raking the leaves into the basket.
Jesus Never Changes Coloring Sheet
Patterns available to members and as an instant download above.
I am so glad that I decided to subscribe to your website. This is the best resource website that I have come across. I have been teaching preschool since high school (1989). I have lots of pattern books and lesson idea books. But none of them come close to being as useful as your site. The illustrations are the best. Most of my pattern books are hit or miss when it comes to good illustrations. Your illustrations are clean and simple and are well drawn. You have great ideas and they are well put together. I love the fruit of the spirit lesson. I love that there are Bible verse cards that go along with the lesson. And it is great that there is a picture tab for each verse. Great idea!! I can't say enough about your content. I will definitely recommend your website to others. I am a homeschool mom now and will be able to use it for school. And I have a preschooler. I will be able to use the website for my 8 year old and 4 year old. Thank you for the work that you put into your website. It is very clear and well put together. I hope that you can feel good about helping other moms and teachers tell our children about God. Thank you. Jill - 05/05/09