Bible Crafts and Activities For Kids
How to Make Bible Crafts and Activities for Sunday School Relating to Washing Feet, Wise and Foolish Builder, Witnessing,Women at the Well, Don't Worry and Zacchaeus
Jesus Washes the Disciples Feet
Scripture Reference: John 13:1-20
1. Make Soap - Make home-made soap using pure soap flakes (Lux pure soap flakes - detergent flakes won't work) as a way to remind the children about the lesson. Make soap using four parts pure soap flakes to one part warm water. Just mix with your hands and mould it into bars of soap. Leave them on pieces of foil to dry for about 48 hours before use. You can add one drip of food coloring if want to color or a couple of drops of scent. You can also mould it around a rope to make "soap on a rope".
2. Paper Plate Craft - Glue a blue circle to the center of a sturdy paper plate. Glue on a two feet shapes, a small bar of soap on the blue circle, and pieces of terry cloth to represent a wash cloth. Write the Bible verse, " Serve only God" or "Jesus washed his disciples feet" around the edge of the paper plate.
Sent in by Denise King
©2007, Digital by Design, Inc. - See Copyright Information
The Wise and Foolish Builder
See The Wise and Foolish Builders Bible Crafts Page
Witnessing - Missions
Writing the Bible Sunday School Lesson Ideas
Pretend to be Scribes
Scribes used pens made by sharpening reeds with their knives. The made ink by mixing soot with other substances to form a dried cake of ink. When the scribe was ready to write, he would moisten his pen by dipping it in water and then dipping it on the cake of ink to mix the ink and then write.
Your children can pretend to be scribes by using sticks that have been sharpened at one end (Use sandpaper. Just rub the end across the sand paper until it is sharp) and water colors. Have them dip the stick in a glass of water and then in the water color to make it moist. (It's basically painting with a stick). Use a long piece of paper that they can write their memory verse on.
Talk about Bible scrolls and how they were made. When their verse is dry, roll up the ends to make a scroll. You can tape craft sticks or straws at the ends to make it easy to roll up.
Practice Writing the Hebrew Alphabet
Since the old testament was written in Hebrew, you can have your children practice writing the characters. Print out the pattern provided and make enough copies for each child. They can practice writing the character using the method above or just using markers. Remember, Hebrew is written from right to left so the first letter Alef is on the first column on the right.
©2013, Digital by Design, Inc. - See Copyright Information
The Woman at the Well or Living Water Sunday School Lesson Ideas
Go to the Woman at the Well Bible Crafts Page for crafts, games and lesson ideas.
Worry - God Takes Care of Us Sunday
School Lesson Ideas
Don't Worry, Matthew 6:25, Cupcake Flower Bible Craft
"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on . . . Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Matt. 6:25-28
What you will need:
You Can Also Use Silk Flower Pieces or Flower Parts Cut from Pattern Paper
Glue Sticks or White Glue
Colored Pencils and Markers
How to Make the Cupcake Liner Flowers:
1. Before print out the background patterned and make copies.
2. In class have your children use cupcake liners to make flowers. Show them how to flatten the cupcake liners and then cut slits in the edges to make flower petals. Stack different sizes of liners on top of each other and glue them together to make a layered effect.
3. Have your children color the background pattern and then glue the cupcake liner flowers onto the background.
©2017, Digital by Design, Inc. - See Copyright Information
Zacchaeus in a Sycamore Tree Sunday
School Lesson Idea
ideas see the Zacchaeus Bible
Crafts and Activities
for Sunday School Page