Animal Crafts and Learning Activities
How to Make Easy, Inexpensive, Animal Crafts and Learning Activities
for Children for Homeschools and Preschools
What you will need: Plastic caps from milk bottles, pop bottles and various other bottles, acrylic paint, craft foam, tiny googly eyes, low temp. glue gun, and scissors.
How to Make Bottle Cap Magnets:
1. Use the examples above to make your own magnets.
2. Glue large magnets to the inside of the bottle caps so that they are even with the edge of the bottle cap. If the magnets are too small or thin, glue some cardboard to the inside of the bottle caps and then glue the magnets to the cardboard so they stick out farther. Test your bottle cap magnets to make sure the magnets are strong enough hold the bottle cap to your refrigerator.
3. Paint the bottle caps with acrylic paint. Cut ears, legs, wings, and other features from craft foam and glue them to the caps with a low temp. glue gun.
Use the magnets to help your children review their ABCs, learn to read, and learn more about animals and animal classification.
1. Have your child match up letter magnets with the animal magnets.
2. Collect pictures of animals and other things and have your children place the pictures under the magnets with the same beginning sounds.
3. Find out facts about each animal. Write the facts on small pieces of paper and place each fact sheet under each animal magnets.
4. Write the names of the animals on sheets of paper and review them with your child. If the child learns to read the name of the animal, place the paper with the name under the magnet. Keep reviewing until your child can read all the names.
5. Try to find books in the library that have stories about animals. When you have finished reading a book about a specific animal, let your child place the magnet of the same animal on your refrigerator. Try to read books about all twenty-six animals.
6. Use the bottle cap animals to study the classification of animals.
©2012, Digital by Design, Inc. - See Copyright Information
Go on an African Animal Safari. Make these folded paper animals and learn more about each animal. Set up an African habit for your animals and take your friends on a safari. You can be the guide and tell them all about each animal. Go to the African Animal Safari Page for patterns and directions.
©2004, Digital by Design, Inc. - See Copyright Information
Animal Tracks Match Up Color Sheet and animal tracks plaster Casts
Go to the Animal Tracks Crafts Page
Ant Crafts - Go to the Ants Craft Page for directions and patterns for these crafts and more.
Armadillo Crafts - Go to the Armadillo Craft Page for patterns and directions.
Bat Crafts - Go to the Bat Craft Page for Bird Crafts.
Bighorn Sheep - Go to the Bighorn Sheep Page for patterns and directions.
Bird Crafts - Go to the Bird Craft Page for Bird Crafts for patterns and directions.
Cat Crafts - Go to the Cat and Kitten Crafts Page to find these cat crafts and more.
Cow Crafts - Go to the Cow Crafts Page for Directions and Patterns for these Crafts.
For even more dog crafts and activities go to the Dog Craft Page
Elephant Crafts - Go to the Elephant Crafts and Activities Page for patterns and ideas.
Frog Crafts - Go to the Frog Crafts Page for more frog crafts.
Horse Crafts - Go to the Horse Craft and Activity Page for directions and more horse crafts.
Sloth Crafts - Go to the Sloth Crafts and Activities Page for directions and more sloth crafts.
Turtle and Tortoise Crafts - Go to Turtle and Tortoise Page for directions and more crafts
Sea Turtle Crafts - Go to the Under the Sea Page for more sea turtle crafts.