Craft Stick Craft Projects
How to Make Crafts Using Craft Sticks, Craft Spoons
and Wooden Shapes
Craft Stick Crafts
"Jesus Washes My Sins Away" Wall Hanging
What you will need:
3" wooden circle, 4 wooden craft spoons, 3 craft sticks, 1 - 2 1/2" craft stick, 2 - 2" wooden clothes pins, embroidery floss, floral wire, jute string, scrap material (denim for pants, white stretchy material for the shirt), very thin 12" wooden dowel, drill with small drill bit, acrylic paint (tan, pink, white), black Sharpie marker, hot melt glue gun and glue
How to Make "Jesus Washes My Sins Away" Wall Hanging:
1. Paint the wooden circle tan or flesh color with pink cheeks, let dry. Add white for the eyes and let dry. Draw in the eyes, eyebrows, and mouth with a black Sharpie marker. Paint two craft spoons flesh color, let dry, and then draw in the fingers as shown. Paint the other two craft spoons white or whatever color you want for the shoes, let dry, and then draw in the details with a black Sharpie marker.
2. Drill small holes in the shoe where shoe laces should go. Lace the shoes with embroidery floss using a needle. Tie the embroidery floss like you would a shoe.
3. To make the figure cut one inch off the end of one of the long craft sticks. Glue the one inch length to the bottom of the 3 1/2" length. Glue two craft stick for the legs to both ends of the 1" length craft stick. Glue a 2 1/2" craft stick to the top of the 3 1/2" craft stick to form the shoulders leaving 1/2" at the top to glue on the head. Glue the two arm craft spoons onto the shoulder craft stick.
4. Print out the Clothes Pattern. Cut the jeans pattern from denim material and the shirt pattern from white stretchy material. Make sure you put the top of the shirt pattern on a fold.
5. Write "Jesus Washes My Sins Away" across the front of the shirt.
6. Glue the jeans onto the figure. Insert the figure head through the whole of the shirt and then glue the shirt on underneath the arms and the sides of the shirt.
7. Drill small holes around the top of the head.
8. Cut the floral wire into 6" lengths. Insert them into the holes and secure them to the head. Wind the wire around a pencil to make the hair curly.
9. Glue the 12" wooden dowel to the back of the head just above the 3 1/2" craft stick.
10. Clip on two clothes pins on each side of the head to the wooden dowel and the shirt.
11. Tie a piece of jute string to each end of the wooden dowel so you can hang up the wall hanging. Use hot melt glue to secure the string to the dowel. Cut 3 - 6" x 1/2" lengths of scrap material and tie one to each end of the dowel where the jute string is tied and one to the center of the jute string where the string will be hung to the wall.
Glow in the Dark Creatures
What you will need:
Glow-in-the-dark Paint or Markers
How to Make Glow in the Dark Creatures:
1. Cut the craft sticks to form legs and glue them onto the back of a craft spoon or jumbo craft stick.
2. Paint the creature with glow in the dark paint or use markers.
3. When the paint is dry glue on wiggly eyes.
4. Expose your completed creature to a bright light and then go in a room or closet that is completely dark and watch your creature glow.
Craft Stick Wall Hanging
This would make a great craft project for vacation bible
school or Sunday school. It doesn't take very long to make and
What you will need:
Five craft sticks
Bead, buttons, or sea shells etc.
How to Make Craft Stick Wall Hanging:
1. Glue five craft sticks together to form the house shape.
2. You may want to paint the sticks.
3. Glue on beads sea shells buttons or anything you want to decorate the house.
4. Print out the Bible Verse Pattern or make your own. Cut it out and glue it on a piece of cardboard.
5. Glue the frame over the saying.
6. Now glue a hook on the back. We used a paper clip opened slightly and glued it on with a glue gun.
Comments about this Craft:
I printed the saying for the Craft Stick Wall Hanging. I had a package of colored craft sticks, so we used those for the house outline. We glued the printout to construction paper, then cut around the shape after the sticks were adhered. I had some red yarn on hand, so we taped a hanging loop to the back with scotch tape. Carole Schaefer
Craft Stick Crafts on The Resource Room
You can find more crafts using craftsticks on The Resource Room. The Resource room is designed for Sunday School teachers and homeschool parents. All of the crafts on The Resource Room are biblically based . Most of the crafts go along with one of the Bible lessons found on The Resouce Room. All the crafts were designed for preschool and elementary age children. All the crafts are original and inexpensive which are great for homeschool use and large groups such as Sunday school classes and vacation Bible school.
Some of the crafts you will find are craft stick fish magnets to go with the lesson of Jesus feeding the 5,000, the twelve disciples in a boat, an Easter donkey, and a sheep.